Community Builders Challenge - Terms & Conditions
NO PURCHASE OR DONATION NECESSARY TO ENTER. MANY WILL ENTER, ONLY ONE (1) SCHOOL WILL WIN.
- The Terms and Conditions below must be read carefully. Participants are deemed to have accepted and agreed to be bound by these Terms and Conditions upon entering the competition.
- The competition is open to all legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia, between the ages of 6 and 12 (“Creators”). All entries must be submitted on behalf of a school by a teacher or educator associated with such school who is 18 or older. Teacher or educator should have the parent’s or legal guardian’s permission of a Creator to allow the Creator to participate and to submit an entry created by the Creator. For the avoidance of doubt, Creators are entering on behalf of their school and the school and not the Creator is eligible to receive the prize.
Employees of LEGO® Group, Comic Relief, Inc. (“Sponsor”), and their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies, and each of their immediate family members (e.g., spouse, parent, child, sibling, and their respective spouses and the “steps” of each, regardless of where they reside) and persons living in the same household of each, whether or not related, are not eligible to enter or win. Void where prohibited. By participating, Creators agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor, which are binding and final on matters relating to this Competition. Competition is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws.
- Limit ten (10) Creations per classroom; and each Creation must be submitted separately with a separate submission form. If more than ten (10) Creations are received, only the first ten (10) Creations will be valid, and later Creations will be disqualified.
- Prize: The winner’s school will receive LEGO® bricks to the value of approximately $599. The specific LEGO® products forming the prize shall be selected by LEGO® Group. The prize is subject to change. Descriptions and depictions of the prize are provided without a warranty of any kind. Any difference between stated value and actual value will not be awarded. Prize will be awarded to the school and not to the Creator. Prize is awarded “as is” with no warranty or guarantee, either express or implied. Any federal, state and local taxes are the responsibility of the school. Prize cannot be redeemed for cash, substituted or transferred by winner or school. All prize details are at Sponsor’s and the LEGO® Group’s sole discretion. For the avoidance of doubt, the Creator of the winning Creation will not receive the prize. The school is prohibited from offering the prize for onward sale or exchange and from making any income or profit from the prize.
- Content Restrictions:
Entries must not contain material that violates or infringes another’s rights, including without limitation, privacy, publicity or intellectual property rights infringement;
- Entries must not disparage Comic Relief Inc. or the LEGO® Group or any of their products or services or any other person or party;
- Entries must show only the Creator’s Creation, which must represent their idea which is or could be built from LEGO® bricks and/or other craft materials;
- Entries must not show any identifiable feature of any person or any product, trademark, or copyrighted property of any other person or business entity other than Sponsor and/or the LEGO® Group ;
- Entries must not contain material that is inappropriate, indecent, obscene, hateful, tortious, defamatory, slanderous, or libelous;
- Entries must not contain material that promotes bigotry, racism, hatred, or harm against any group or individual or promotes discrimination based on race, gender, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age; and
- Entries must not contain material that is unlawful, in violation of or contrary to the laws or regulations in any country, state or province where the Entry is created.
- In the event that an Entry violates any of the above Content Restrictions, Comic Relief Inc. and/ or the LEGO® Group may (at their sole discretion) crop or edit such Entry to render it compliant and/ or exclude such Entry from the competition.
- The potential winner will be selected by a panel comprised of representatives from Comic Relief Inc. and also an independent judge (the “Judging Panel”). The Judging Panel is looking for the most creative Entry as assessed based on how well the community represents themes of inclusivity and how the Red Nose is featured within the Creation. The Judging Panel will select a shortlist of Entries. If an Entry is selected in the shortlist, we may contact the individual who submitted it to ask for more information about the Creation. You will be contacted by email to the email address provided at the point of submission of that Entry. If you do not respond within ten (10) working days, your Entry may not be considered by the Judging Panel as part of the final selection. Following the selection of the shortlist, the Judging Panel will then select a winner from the shortlisted Entries at their sole discretion, and no correspondence will be entered into with You or the Creators regarding this decision. Judging scores will not be revealed. In the event of a tie, an additional tie-breaking judge will determine the winner from among the tied Entries.
- The individual who submitted the winning Entry (“potential winner” or “winner”) will be notified by email to the email address provided at the point of submission of that Entry. If the potential winner does not respond within ten (10) working days of being notified or the potential winner, Creator, or school is not in compliance with these Official Rules, the prize will be forfeited, and Comic Relief Inc. may award the prize to the best runner up as agreed by the Judging Panel at their sole discretion. Comic Relief Inc. is not responsible for any email not being received or being delivered into a spam folder.
The potential winner is required in their response to confirm that they accept the prize and confirm details for delivery to the school stated in the Entry. Once Comic Relief Inc. receives this response, the prize will be sent to that address within 30 days via U.S. mail.
- You, by submitting an Entry, except where legally prohibited, grant permission for Comic Relief, the LEGO® Group, and their respective designees to use your name, address (city and state), photograph, voice and/or other likeness and prize information for advertising, trade and promotional purposes without further compensation, in all media now known or hereafter discovered, in any manner and with any materials, worldwide in perpetuity, without notice or review or approval. Comic Relief Inc. and the LEGO® Group reserves the right to use the name of the winner’s school and any and all submission content (including answers provided in the competition submission form) for promotional, marketing and publicity purposes, in any and all media now or hereafter devised, without additional compensation, notification or permission. You hereby agree that all intellectual property and moral rights of the Creator in the Creation have been assigned or licensed to You by the parent or legal guardian and/or waived and grant Comic Relief Inc. and the LEGO® Group a non-revocable, worldwide, perpetual, royalty-free, assignable and transferable license to use, modify and reproduce all such intellectual property rights vesting in the Creation and the Entry for the aforementioned purposes. You agree to execute and cause the parent or legal guardian of the Creator to execute any documents required by Comic Relief, Inc. and the LEGO® Group to provide such rights.
- This competition is sponsored and administered by Comic Relief Inc. and the LEGO® Group. The prize is provided by LEGO® Company Ltd.
- Any personal information provided in connection with the competition will be collected by Comic Relief Inc. and will only be used to communicate regarding the competition. Comic Relief Inc. will contact individuals who submitted Entries on the shortlist and the winner, and (2) use your name (first name and last initial) and town or county of residence and name of the winning school to announce the winner of the competition and/ or to respond to requests for details of who won the competition.
If you object to any or all of your name, state and winning entry being published or made available, please contact Comic Relief Inc. by emailing email@example.com.
- You, the schools, and parents and legal guardians on behalf of the Creators, by participating, agree that Sponsor, the LEGO® Group, and their respective parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, promotional partners, and advertising and promotion agencies, and all of their respective officers, directors, employees, representatives and agents (collectively, “Released Parties”) will have no liability whatsoever for, and shall be held harmless by Creators against, any liability, for any injuries, losses or damages of any kind, including death, to persons, or property resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from acceptance, possession, misuse or use of prize or participation in this Competition. In no event shall the Released Parties be liable for any claim demand or damages caused by the acceptance or use of the prize. Released Parties are not responsible for lost, late, incomplete, inaccurate, stolen, misdirected, undelivered, postage-due, damaged, illegible or garbled Creations, Entries, mail, donations, emails, or other communications of any kind; or for lost, interrupted or unavailable network, server, Internet Service Provider (ISP), website, or other connections, availability or accessibility or miscommunications or failed computer, satellite, telephone or cable transmissions, lines, or technical failure or jumbled, scrambled, delayed, or misdirected transmissions or computer hardware or software malfunctions, failures or difficulties, or other errors or difficulties of any kind whether human, mechanical, electronic, computer, network, typographical, printing or otherwise relating to or in connection with the Competition, including, without limitation, errors or difficulties which may occur in connection with the administration of the Competition, the processing or judging of Entries, the announcement of the prize or in any Competition-related materials. Released Parties are also not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by tampering, hacking, or by any equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Competition. Persons who tamper with or abuse any aspect of the Competition or who are in violation of these Official Rules, as solely determined by Sponsor, will be disqualified and all associated Entries will be void. Should any portion of the Competition be, in Sponsor’s sole opinion, compromised by virus, worms, bugs, non-authorized human intervention or other causes which, in the sole opinion of the Sponsor, corrupt or impair the administration, security, fairness or proper play, or submission of Entries, Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to suspend, modify or terminate the Competition and, if terminated, at its discretion, select the potential winner from all eligible, non-suspect entries received prior to action taken or as otherwise deemed fair and appropriate by Sponsor.
WINNER’S NAME: For the name of the winner (first name, last initial, state and winning school name), send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 30 days following the end of the competition.
SPONSOR: Comic Relief, Inc., 120 Broadway, 22nd Floor, New York, NY 10271.